The Future of Your Organization Starts Here
JCI is the recognized global leader in health care accreditation. We provide an objective assessment of quality achievement and patient care and safety. With JCI as your partner, you will benefit from our decades of expertise.
International Accreditation Matters
Successful completion of a rigorous accreditation process is a signal to patients that a health care organization has undergone an exacting performance assessment and met a robust series of qualifications in patient safety and quality of care.
Of course, pursuing international accreditation is a big decision. And achieving it is a long process that requires a commitment from your entire organization. Achieving accreditation can equip you with the knowledge and prestige you need to implement proven practices, hire and retain the most qualified medical professionals, and reduce costs.
Sharing our expertise with the world matters. Together Joint Commission International and the other members of our corporate enterprise — The Joint Commission®, The Center for Transforming Healthcare, and Joint Commission Resources® — touch nearly 22,000 health care organizations in more than 100 countries. By sharing our knowledge, we can have a significant impact on the serious public health concerns facing organizations like yours.
Why Choose JCI
When you choose Joint Commission International as your accreditation partner, you are choosing to pursue a commitment to excellence across the spectrum of care that will help attract more patients and elevate your organization into the global elite.
- JCI shapes best practices and establishes the most rigorous standards to raise the bar on performance.
- JCI works with thousands of organizations globally, resulting in powerful perspective when it comes to health care quality improvement and patient safety.
- JCI’s cadre of experts are highly experienced and come from a variety of health care settings and specialties.
- JCI helps you attract the best who prefer to serve in a workplace committed to health care quality.
JCI Survey Analysis for Evaluating Risk (SAFER) Matrix
The Survey Analysis for Evaluating Risk® (SAFER™) Matrix is JCI’s transformative approach for identifying and communicating risk levels of findings cited during surveys. Adopted from The Joint Commission®, the SAFER Matrix provides one, comprehensive visual representation of survey findings to help organizations prioritize and focus corrective actions by measuring the likelihood to harm and scope for each measurable element cited.
In addition, SAFER Matrix helps heath care organizations:
- Easily identify findings with higher risk.
- Determine need for widespread quality initiatives.
- Prioritize resources and focus on strategic improvement plans in areas most in need of compliance activities and interventions.
Beginning 5 April 2020, hospitals and academic medical centers that are surveyed for accreditation by Joint Commission International will be provided with a complimentary SAFER Matrix as part of their final Accreditation Survey Findings Report.
More than 1,000 health care organizations have achieved The Gold Seal of Approval® as JCI-Accredited organizations.