- Over 35 years of clinical experience
- Over 30 years of experience in national and international health care quality and safety management
- Over 30 years of academic experience including managerial experience of Medical Faculty
- Member of Joint Commission Resources Board of Directors for nine years
- Practical and academic experience in European public health policy
- Specializes in quality improvement/performance improvement and risk prevention
- Speaks conversational Russian
Dr. David Marx has chaired the Joint Commission Resources (JCR®) International Task Force formulating the first International Standards for Hospitals and subsequently Joint Commission International (JCI) Standards Subcommittee where he has participated in development of JCI standards for hospitals, care continuum and primary care.
Most recently, he chaired the subcommittee that developed the fourth edition of JCI standards for hospitals. He has worked with several European health care institutions testing and implementing JCI standards (hospitals, care continuum institutions). As a JCI consultant, Dr. Marx has provided consultations and education in Europe, Asia, South America and the Middle East.
Dr. Marx oversees a Czech national hospital accreditation project and has coordinated the development of three editions of national standards for hospitals and editions of national long-term care, ambulatory, and medical transport standards.
Dr. Marx's academic interest focuses on adverse events prevention in health care and general health care facilities safety.
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, 3rd Medical faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
- CMO and Director (Quality), University Hospital Prague 10, Prague, Czech Republic
- Director General, Ministry of Health, Czech Republic
- Country Coordinator (hospital accreditation), Czech Republic
- Advisor to the Committee on Consumer Protection, European Parliament
- Head, Dept. of Public Health, 3rd Medical faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
- Vice-Dean (Undergraduate Education and Student Affair, 3rd Medical faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Czech Society for Quality in Health Care, Chair
- International Society of Quality
- Doctor of Medicine, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
- Doctor of Philosophy in Public Health, Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic