Patient care continues to shift from hospitals and ambulatory clinics to home care delivery for a variety of reasons including aging populations, a shift in consumer preference to be treated at home, and cost efficiencies. JCI is uniquely positioned to help home care organizations through our evidence-based standards by providing the roadmap to building essential processes to achieve performance excellence. JCI’s Home Care Accreditation program accredits a variety of home care needs including nursing, therapy, personal care, palliative and more. Our evidence-based home care standards are developed and vetted in conjunction with scientific field and home health industry experts.
Achieving Home Care accreditation not only enhances and objectively validates your performance reliability, it also:
- Proactively minimizes risk areas for your clients, staff and brand
- Creates a performance-focused competitive edge to help boost market share
- Leverages a vetted framework to grow or expand services
- Demonstrates your commitment to quality and patient safety
Expertise You Can Depend On
JCI surveyors are clinical and administrative professionals with vast experience in multiple settings. They speak 21 different languages and hail from 6 continents and bring their vast experience and expertise to your home care organization. JCI’s accreditation process concentrates on operational systems critical to the safety and quality of patient care. A key component of our customer’s positive experience relies on a consistent survey process executed by expert surveyors, with experience in a variety of home care needs.
Enabling Better Decisions with Unparalleled Tools
We support you with a robust, patient-centric survey which is anchored to data and measurability:
- The SAFER™ Matrix identifies and helps prioritize performance improvement efforts on areas with the highest risk of potential adverse outcomes.
- JCI’s unique tracer methodology reviews how the home care organization delivers care to the patient, helping to mitigate risks before they can become costly problems. Tracers engage both patients and staff, allowing organizations to show how they meet the standards beyond policies and procedures.
JCI's Accreditation Standards for Home Care, 2nd Edition is accredited by the International Society for Quality in Health Care External Evaluation Association (IEEA). The IEEA provides third-party external evaluation services to health and social care external evaluation organizations and standards developing bodies around the globe. IEEA accreditation provides assurance that the standards used by JCI meet the highest international benchmarks for accrediting bodies.