Product DescriptionNote: Joint Commission International (JCI) ceased surveying organizations on the care continuum standards on 1 July 2012. However, JCI published two manuals for its newest accreditation programs—home care and long term care—in January 2012 that cover some of the same care environments as the care continuum and began surveying in those programs on 1 July 2012.
This new accreditation manual contains Joint Commission International's (JCI's) standards, intent statements, and measurable elements for home care organizations, including patient-centered and organizational requirements in the following categories:
- International Patient Safety Goals (IPSG)
- Patient Access and Assessment (PAA)
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities (PRR)
- Patient Care and Continuity of Care (PCC)
- Patient Medication Management (PMM)
- Patient and Family Education (PFE)
- Improvement in Quality and Patient Safety (IQS)
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPC)
- Management and Safety of the Environment (MSE)
- Staff Qualifications and Education (SQE)
- Governance and Leadership (GAL)
- Communication and Information Management (CIM)
The manual also includes a foreword from JCI president and chief executive officer Paula Wilson, an introduction that serves as the manual user's guide, a complete listing of JCI's accreditation policies and procedures, a comprehensive glossary of key terms, and a detailed index. All standards and policies contained in this manual are effective 1 July 2012.