- Infectious Diseases Specialist
- Experience in Biosafety and Hospital Administration
Dr. Patricia Matejic has more than 30 years of experience in health care settings, as clinician and manager. She has worked in Argentina and in Panama, in Biosafety and in managing different clinical and non-clinical services.
Currently, Dr. Matejic is the Chief of the Department of Hospitalized Patients at Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires (750 bed, high complexity facility). She supervises close to 2500 employees in services such as Emergency Department, Nursing, Home Care, Admission of Patients, Social Service, Discharge Planning Unit, Logistics, and Medical Technology Planning. She is also an Associated Physician of Internal Medicine Service and a member of the Crisis Committee. Between 2009 and 2015, she was the leader for the Joint Commission International accreditation process at the same hospital.
- Infectious Diseases Staff, Instituto Universitario Fundacion Favaloro
- Infection Control Staff, Instituto Universitario Fundacion Favaloro
- President of Biosafety Unit, Hospital Conmemorativo Gorgas, Panama, Republica de Panama
- Chief, Hospitalized Patients, Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Argentina Public Health Society
- Member of the Latin American Collaborative Forum for Patient Safety
- Physician graduated with honors, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Residency Internal Medicine Hospital Italiano, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Fellowship Infectious Diseases Sanatorio Guemes-FUNCEI, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Candidate to Magister, Management Health Care Services, Universidad Latina, Panama