Jeannell M. Mansur
PharmD, RPh, CJCP, FASHP, FSMSO
- Principal for Medication Safety for Joint Commission Resources and Joint Commission International
- Provides direction to hospital leaders on medication safety design, medication system optimization and technology implementation to support patient safety and effectiveness
- Expertise in medication system themes
Dr. Jeannell Mansur has consulted throughout the United States and internationally in Europe, Asia, Africa, Central and South America, the Far East and the Middle East. Dr. Mansur has extensive experience in all aspects of medication system design and implementation as well as hospital pharmacy which includes clinical, operational and management responsibilities. Her expertise in lean six sigma and change acceleration performance improvement methods is of immense value to organizations that are seeking to implement effective and sustainable improvement to challenging issues.
Dr. Mansur completed training with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement in medication safety under the direction of Dr. Donald Berwick and Dr. Lucian Leape. The learning from these leaders and the experiences from this Institute resulted in the crafting of a systems-based approach to medication safety that has molded Dr. Mansur’s philosophies.
Dr. Mansur has published and presented extensively in the areas of medication safety and pharmacy operations improvement. Among these publications is the chapter she authored on Medication Safety in Pediatric Safety in the Emergency Department, a textbook published jointly by Joint Commission Resources and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Director of Pharmaceutical Services for 12 years at the University of Chicago Medical Center
- Executive Director for Pharmacy Informatics, involved in the planning, building and implementation of the organization’s electronic medical record
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Fellow with the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Fellow
- American Society for Medication Safety Officers, Fellow
- United States Pharmacopeial (USP) Convention, Voting Member
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
- Doctor of Pharmacy, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA