As the Group Clinical Director of Wockhardt Group of Hospitals, Dr. Clive Fernandes ensures that Clinical Excellence, Nursing, Quality, and Accreditation standards are met across all Wockhardt Hospitals. He works closely with the Group’s department heads as well as key members from the medical fraternity to promote quality healthcare solutions in the community. He has implemented many quality and operational initiatives that have led to optimum utilization of current resources and improved delivery of healthcare services across the group hospitals. With a career that spans over 19 years, Dr. Fernandes is a veteran when it comes to hospital administration. His key areas of interest are Quality, Medication Management, Hospital Operations, Service Excellence and Administration.
Dr. Fernandes has been a consultant with Joint Commission International (JCI) for over 12 years and has provided consultation services in healthcare organizations based in Asia, Africa, Europe, and Middle East. He has also been invited as a faculty member at JCI's International Practicum’s conducted at Abu Dhabi, Seoul, Indonesia, Tokyo, Singapore, Dubai, and Miami, US. He also serves as faculty for the Healthcare Quality Management & Patient Safety Program certification program by JCI. Dr. Fernandes’ previous appointment was with Apollo Group Hospitals in India. In Apollo, he played a pivotal role in designing and implementing systems that promoted Medication Safety and Quality Improvement initiatives in every hospital. He was also tasked with creating and implementing performance improvement initiatives that increased operational efficiency across the Group hospitals.
Dr. Fernandes’ passion for healthcare, innovation and policymaking, have honed his skills and have made him a much more efficient leader. He is constantly looking for ways to improve quality, safety, and efficiency in the existing healthcare systems. He is regularly invited to national and international conferences to talk about Quality, Accreditation and patient safety. Dr. Fernandes regularly contributes articles to a number of healthcare journals.
- Group Clinical Director, Wockhardt Group of Hospitals, Mumbai, India
- Consultant Clinical Pharmacologist, Apollo Group Hospitals, Chennai, India
- G.M. Quality and Special Projects, Apollo Group Hospitals, Chennai, India
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Expert at ISQua
- Certified Green Belt, Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Certification in Project Management and Strategies for growth, IIM Ahmedabad
- Indian Medical Council
- National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Organizations (India), Assessor
- Doctor of Medicine (MD Pharmacology), JLN Medical College, Ajmer, Rajasthan, India
- Master of Hospital Administration, Indian Institute of Management and Technology, Chennai, India
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Dr S.N. Medical College, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India