Babak "Bobby" Pazooki
- Physician executive with over 20 years of administrative, academic and clinical background, serving in senior leadership ranks in the United States and internationally.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in program development and strategic growth, medical staff management, quality and safety management, process improvement, compliance and regulatory matters.
Dr. Babak (Bobby) Pazooki is a physician executive and board-certified endocrinologist with a broad range of expertise in all aspects of healthcare in the United States and more than 30 other countries. He has assisted more than 50 healthcare organizations in the US and around the world in their strides to improve quality, safety, efficiency and organizational development.
Prior to joining the Joint Commission International (JCI), Dr. Pazooki served as the Vice President and Chief Medical Officer at hospitals near Chicago. In that capacity, he successfully managed and directed several service lines, including Medical Staff Department, Quality Department, Utilization Management and the Hospitalist Program.
As the executive overseeing quality and safety, he led the team of experts to successfully acquire the Joint Commission accreditation and establish centers of excellence. He also successfully developed multiple service lines such as hospitalist program, diabetes centers of excellence and wright management centers in multiple communities. Dr. Pazooki was the lead author of the “Clinical Recommendations in Diabetes Management,” published by the Department of Health at the State of Wyoming.
Since joining the JCI in 2012, Dr. Pazooki served as a physician surveyor for 6 years, prior to transitioning to the consultant role. He has provided accreditation services, workshops, seminars and educational and training courses for numerous healthcare organizations throughout the world.
- Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Amita St. Mary’s Hospital, Kankakee, IL, USA
- Director, Hospitalist Program, Amita St. Mary’s Hospital, Kankakee, IL, USA
- Adjunct Faculty, University of Wyoming, Casper, WY, USA
- Chairman, Department of Medicine, Wyoming Medical Center, Casper, WY, USA
- Director, Diabetes Care Center, Wyoming Medical Center, Casper, WY, USA
- Director, Weight Management Program, Wyoming Medical Center, Casper, WY, USA
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Fellow of the American College of Endocrinology (FACE)
- Certified Physician Executive (CPE), American Association for Physician Leadership
- Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology
- Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC)
- Fellowship in Endocrinology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Residency in Internal Medicine, BronxCare Health System, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
- MSc in Physiology and Molecular Biology, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
- PhD Candidate in Physiology and Molecular Biology, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
- MBA candidate, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign, Champaign, IL, USA (commencement 2020)
- Doctor of Medicine, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran