Joint Commission International Resumes Accreditation Surveys
Joint Commission International (JCI) is excited to announce that we have resumed international accreditation surveys.
Due to continued travel restrictions and the fluid nature of COVID-19 in general, JCI will be conducting most surveys as either a virtual survey or a hybrid survey. We are committed to working closely with organizations, with everyone's safety being the first and foremost priority.
- Virtual Survey: The survey is conducted completely by video, with all surveyors remote from the organization.
- Hybrid Survey: The survey is conducted with one or more JCI surveyors onsite at the organization, and the remainder of the JCI team remote and participating via video.
JCI has proven experience and expertise in conducting surveys using both modes of operation. Both types of surveys are rigorous, robust and rewarding and follow the same survey methodology and activities as the onsite survey. All standards chapters and measurable elements are examined, and full tracer activity is conducted. All decision rules and criteria are applied in the same manner, and an organization’s accreditation decision is the same regardless of survey mode used.
Advantages to the virtual and hybrid surveys include:
- Reduced survey fees
- Reduced surveyor travel expenses
- Few or no travel restriction issues
- Ample access to JCI’s expert surveyors, who are well-versed in the virtual and hybrid survey methodology
- Interactive, engaging, and informative survey experience while maintaining secure connections
To learn more, please join us on Wednesday, 17 June 2020 for a free webinar about the customer experience with virtual and hybrid surveys.
If your organization is due for survey in 2020, the JCI Accreditation team will contact your organization to confirm your survey schedule. If you have any questions, please email us at and your Account Executive will follow-up with you.
Thank you for the amazing patient care you are delivering amidst the global pandemic. I look forward to seeing you soon. Stay safe.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Joint Commission International