FREE Online Influenza Course
Prepare your organization for influenza season!
Flu season is occurring now in many places around the world, and Joint Commission International is here to help. In collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), The Joint Commission® is hosting a free online self-paced course that aims to provide tools and resources to health care professionals for influenza preparedness.
With the multitude of patients going to ambulatory care settings at any given time, the risk of influenza transmission is very high.
Appropriate use of Rapid Influenza Diagnostic Testing (RIDT) in ambulatory settings can both aid clinical judgment and help guide treatment decisions.
Take advantage of a FREE online education course developed by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the CDC. This course offers a
- Flexible self-paced format
- Provides access to resources including short, illustrative videos, documents, and web links
- Offers two free continuing education credits (CEs)
As a self-paced tool, you can start and stop as needed and manage your progress through the course.
Click this link to learn more.
Influenza Pandemic Preparedness and Response in Ambulatory Settings. This two-part course focuses on how to effectively respond to an influenza pandemic by developing a preparedness and response plan.
- Know HOW to effectively respond in the face of a pandemic
- Learn HOW to develop an influenza pandemic preparedness and response plan following a 4-step guide
- Understand HOW to differentiate the virologic, epidemiologic and clinical features of pandemic influenza from seasonal influenza
- Understand HOW laboratory testing and diagnosis, patient management and treatment, and team training are essential components of the pandemic preparedness and response plan
Click here to register. Don’t miss an opportunity to take this FREE open access course from The Joint Commission, offered by JCI to our global audience.
Joint Accreditation Statement
The Joint Commission is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)* and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME-AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
*This course does not offer ACPE continuing education credit.
This educational module is approved for 2.0 Continuing Education credit from:
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- California Board of Registered Nursing
- International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)
- American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science PACE (ASCLS PACE)
Successful completion of this CE activity includes:
- Individual registration for the module
- Completion of the module
- Completion of the post course evaluation
- A passing grade on the post course exam