FREE Online Influenza Course (SIRAS)
Is your organization ready for flu season?
Flu season is occurring now in many places around the world. To help you combat this virus, Joint Commission International (JCI) is offering a free tool to JCI-accredited and non-accredited organizations. In collaboration with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), The Joint Commission® is hosting a free online self-paced course that aims to provide tools and resources to health care professionals for influenza preparedness.
When a large number of patients seek care at ambulatory care settings at any given time, the risk of influenza transmission can be very high.
Appropriate use of Rapid Influenza Diagnostic Testing (RIDT) in ambulatory settings can both aid clinical judgment and help guide treatment decisions.
Take advantage of a FREE online education course developed by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the CDC. This course offers a 1) flexible self-paced format, 2) provides access to resources including short, illustrative videos, documents, and web links, 3) offers two free continuing education credits (CEs). As a self-paced tool, you can start and stop as needed and manage your progress through the course.
This course is available in English and Spanish.
- Learn WHEN to order a Rapid Influenza Diagnostic Test (RIDT)
- Know HOW to interpret RIDT results
- Understand HOW to use local epidemiological information, clinical presentation, and RIDT results to assist with the diagnosis and treatment of influenza in your practice setting
- Learn HOW to properly collect respiratory samples for influenza testing
Click here to register. Feel free to email with any questions. Don’t miss an opportunity to take this FREE open access course from The Joint Commission, offered by JCI to our global audience.
Continuing Education Credit
Joint Accreditation Statement
The Joint Commission is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)* and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME-AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
*This course does not offer ACPE continuing education credit.
This educational module is approved for 2.0 Continuing Education credit from:
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- California Board of Registered Nursing
- International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)
- American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science PACE (ASCLS PACE)
Successful completion of this CE activity, includes:
- Individual registration for the module
- Completion of the module
- Completion of the post course evaluation
- A passing grade on the post course exam