Terence M. Shea
MPA, BSN, RN
- Over 40 years of experience in health care
- Over 25 years in nursing and administrative leadership in hospital, ambulatory and sub-acute health care systems
- Seven years as Director of Ambulatory Nursing and Facility Administrator
- Five years Director of Quality, Regulatory Compliance and Care process design
- Prepared and acted as a "Lean" process improvement facilitator
- More than ten years as a consultant with JCR/JCI
Mr. Terence Shea has served in multiple leadership roles in health care. He has more than 18 years of experience in pediatrics, including clinical, management, and administrative positions, including responsibility for emergency, critical care and psychiatric services. As the Director of Regulatory Compliance and Care process design, he was responsible for preparation and accreditation for five clinical entities, including hospitals, freestanding ambulatory care, behavioral health care, and laboratory services.
As a "Lean" process improvement facilitator, Mr. Shea provided leadership throughout the organization in applying "Toyota Lean" principles to improve the process of care delivery and assuring that the quality and safety of care was improved. The improvement processes addressed patient care, team process, business services and organizational operations.
In his administrative positions, Mr. Shea provided clinical and operational leadership for multiple inpatient settings, ambulatory care settings, specialty programs, sub-acute care programs, and oversight for laboratories, pharmacy, facilities, business services, security and clinical services.
Mr. Shea has consulted in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
- Director of Regulatory Compliance and Care Process Design, Denver Health and Hospitals, Denver, CO, USA
- Director of Nursing and Administrator, Denver Community Health Service, Denver Health and Hospitals, Denver, CO, USA
- Director, HIV and Other Grant Programs, Denver Community Health Services, Denver Health and Hospitals, Denver, CO, USA
- Director, Special Programs, Integrated Health Services, Tremont Health Center, Dallas, TX, USA
- Assistant VP, Clinical Services, Dallas Children's Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
- Assistant VP, Clinical Services, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- RPI® Certified Yellow Belt, The Joint Commission
- RPI® Certified Change Agent, The Joint Commission
- Master of Public Administration, University of Colorado at Denver, Denver, CO, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Colorado Health Science Center, Denver, CO, USA