- Over 20 years of experience in health care as a member of the executive team
- Senior leader in quality improvement, patient safety, risk management, hospital accreditation, and human resource management
- Operational expertise in implementing and sustaining JCI accreditation through engaging medical, clinical and non- clinical staff and developing, implementing and embedding a quality framework
- More than 10 years of experience as an international consultant
Ms. Sheila O'Leary led her organization through successful Joint Commission International (JCI) Accreditation surveys from initial survey to re-survey for over 15 years. Her expertise encompasses accreditation preparation, survey readiness, quality and safe culture, human resource management, quality improvement, risk management and most recently, lean systems, facility management and safety, governance and ethics.
Ms. O'Leary has presented at conferences and participated in practicum in the U.S., Middle East, and Germany. Her international consulting experience includes Europe, Asia, Americas, and the Middle East.
- Quality, Risk & Patient Safety Manager (executive team), Bon Secours Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
- Human Resource Manager, Bon Secours Health System, Cork, Ireland
- Human Resource Planning and Information Manager, Nottingham Community Health, Nottingham, England
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Fellow of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (FCIPD)
- Diploma in Quality Management, Lean Health Systems, University of Limerick, Ireland
- University Diploma in Personnel Management, DeMontford University, Leicester, England
- Higher Diploma in Education, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
- Bachelor of Science Degree, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland