- Over 20 years of clinical experience
- Over 19 years of experience in national and international health care quality and safety management
- Member of JCR Board of Directors for nine years
- Practical and academic experience in European public health policy
- Specializes in quality improvement/performance improvement
Speaks conversational Russian
Dr. David Marx has chaired the JCR International Task Force formulating the first International Standards for Hospitals and subsequently JCI Standards Subcommittee where he has participated in development of JCI standards for hospitals, care continuum and primary care.
Most recently, he chaired the subcommittee that developed the fourth edition of JCI standards for hospitals. He has worked with several European health care institutions testing and implementing JCI standards (hospitals, care continuum institutions). As a JCI consultant, Dr. Marx has provided consultations and education in Europe and the Middle East.
Dr. Marx is in charge of a Czech national hospital accreditation project and has coordinated the development of two editions of national standards for hospitals and one edition of national long term care standards.
Dr. Marx's academic interest focuses on adverse events prevention in health care and general health care facilities safety.
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, 3rd Medical faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
- Director (Quality), University Hospital Prague 10, Prague, Czech Republic
- Director General, Ministry of Health, Czech Republic
- Country Coordinator (hospital accreditation), Czech Republic
- Advisor to the Committee on Consumer Protection, European Parliament
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Czech Society for Quality in Health Care, Chair
- International Society of Quality
- Doctor of Medicine, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Public Health, Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic