Kathryn K. Leonhardt
MD, MPH, CPHQ, CPPS
Dr. Kathy Leonhardt is Board Certified in Preventive Medicine with over 25 years of health care administration, leadership and research in both the public and private health care setting.
Dr. Leonhardt has held leadership roles in quality, patient safety and patient experience. Her positions included Vice President of Clinical Quality and Patient Safety Officer of a large integrated health system in Wisconsin, responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of the quality and patient safety programs. Dr. Leonhardt has served as Vice President of Patient Experience, where she developed the strategy and tactics for patient-centered care processes, education, clinician coaching and measurement. Her work in the public sector includes government health care agencies as well as non-profit organizations.
Dr. Leonhardt’s knowledge and expertise includes patient safety; infection prevention; process improvement; team training and leadership; patient- and family-centered care. She conducted research in the areas of infection prevention, patient safety, medication safety and public health. Dr. Leonhardt has published and presented extensively. She has appointments at academic institutions where she is a lecturer, advisor and preceptor to students and residents.
- Leadership roles in health care provider organizations, including: Patient Safety Office; Vice President; Medical Director
- Academic appointments in schools of medicine and health care sciences
- Positions with government and non-profit public health agencies including: deputy director; consultant
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Certified, American Board of Preventive Medicine
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
- Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS)
- TeamSTEPPS Master Trainer
- Patient Safety Leadership Fellowship
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- Master of Public Health in Epidemiology, University of California- Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
- Bachelor of Arts, Williams College, Williamstown, MA, USA