Kathryn K. Leonhardt
MD, MPH, CPHQ, CPPS
Dr. Kathy Leonhardt is the Principal Consultant for Quality & Patient Safety at Joint Commission International. She is a preventive medicine/public health physician with over 30 years of experience in public, private, and academic health care organizations.
Dr. Leonhardt has held leadership roles in quality, patient safety and patient experience. Her research and publications have included epidemiologic investigations, Phase III clinical trials and quality improvement projects, including an Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality-funded (AHRQ) project on patient advisory councils. Through the JCI Quality Management & Patient Safety Program, Dr. Leonhardt has led the education and training of 2,200 health care professionals from over 35 countries.
- Leadership roles in Patient Safety, Clinical Quality and Patient Experience
- Academic appointments in schools of medicine and health care sciences
- Physician executive in provider organizations, government and non-profit agencies
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- American Board of Preventive Medicine
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
- Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS)
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- TeamSTEPPS Master Trainer
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- Master of Public Health in Epidemiology, University of California- Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
- Bachelor of Arts, Williams College, Williamstown, MA, USA