Zeenat Sulaiman Khan
DNP, MHA, MSN, RN
- Over 25 years of experience in health care
- Expertise in clinical quality improvement and patient safety
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
Dr. Zeenat Sulaiman Khan is a consultant for Joint Commission International. She has held clinical leadership positions for 25 years, with the last 15 years at an executive nursing level in Asia and Africa. She has extensive experience in working in the university/teaching hospitals, and at the same time being exposed to the non-academic hospital environment.
Dr. Khan has well-developed management and leadership skills with a strong understanding of both strategic and operational aspects of clinical strategy and governance, human resources, capital and resource planning and overall clinical program feasibility. She has been involved as a senior leader to develop strategic and operational plans and goals in order to achieve culture of safety.
Dr. Khan has also spearheaded initiatives such as developing institutional multidisciplinary risk management framework, clinical indicators, and quality management systems. Additionally, she has significant experience in planning, design, construction, and occupation of health facilities, with an understanding of the synergies and inter-relations between clinical and non-clinical functions.
- Director of Projects and Clinical Programmes Development, Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania
- Chief Nursing and Clinical Programmes Officer, Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi, Africa
- Regional East Africa Nursing and Quality Coordinator, Aga Khan Health Services, East Africa
- Director Nursing Services & Disaster Risk Management, Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, Africa
- Manager Critical Care Area, Operating/Recovery Room, Day Care Surgery, Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- National Nurses Association of Kenya
- East, Central, and Southern African College of Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice, Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD, USA
- Master of Health Administration, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Master of Science in Nursing, College of Nursing, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health Care Administration and Management, Institute of Management Science, Karachi, Pakistan
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Aga Khan University School of Nursing and Midwifery, Karachi, Pakistan