MSCIS, BSN, RN
- Over 30 years of nursing experience as a practitioner in pre-hospital, hospital and academic settings
- More than 15 years of health care consulting experience in community hospitals and university medical centers
- Engagements in over 50 community hospitals, university medical centers and ambulatory care facilities in the USA
Mr. Herk Johnessee has served in multiple clinical and leadership roles in health care. He has extensive clinical and operational experience in neonatal, pediatrics, maternal, and adult populations. His specialty areas include emergency, critical care, surgery, burns, transport, palliative care, and electronic medical records.
In his clinical and leadership positions, Mr. Johnessee participated and prepared for multiple Joint Commission surveys as a practitioner. As the Director of Burn and Pediatric Services, he was responsible for Burn Center Verification which is a joint program of the American Burn Association (ABA) and the American College of Surgeons (ACS) which focuses on injury through rehabilitation care of the patient. Mr. Johnessee was also responsible for multiple surveys and re-accreditations through the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) which focuses on improving quality care and safety of the transport environment for patients utilizing rotor wing, fixed wing and ground ambulance transport systems.
Mr. Johnessee’s consulting experience includes supply chain, performance improvement, clinical effectiveness, change management, interim management, outsourcing, labor reduction, strategy, and operations. He also has extensive software application (Epic and Cerner) experience with electronic medical records through vendor selection, build, design, device integration, testing, implementation and optimization.
His passion is solving organizational and system issues related to safety, quality of care, treatment and services, and interfaces between those processes with the ongoing evolution of medical technology.
- Staff Nurse, Hands of Hope Agape Care’s Pediatric Care, Columbia, SC, USA
- Hospice Nurse, LHC Group, Lafayette, LA, USA
- Senior Flight Nurse, Air Methods, Englewood, CO, USA
- Coordinator and Manager, BJC Health System, Saint Louis, MO, USA
- Director of Burn and Pediatric Services, Doctors Hospital, Augusta, GA, USA
- Clinical Resource Manager, Owen Healthcare, Houston, TX, USA
- Staff Nurse, Saint Louis Children’s Hospital, Saint Louis, MO, USA
- Master of Science in Computer Information Systems, University of Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Diploma in Nursing, The Jewish Hospital School of Nursing, Saint Louis, MO, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Missouri, Saint Louis, MO, USA