Dia Kamel Hassan
- Over 35 years of experience in health care
- Expertise in health care management, quality improvement, and hospital expansion projects
For more than 35 years, Dr. Dia Hassan has been in executive positions in the health care field, specifically in hospitals. She has analyzed, planned, developed, and implemented health systems and services; designed, compiled and analyzed epidemiological and statistical data; and led hospitals to achieve international accreditation and recognition.
Dr. Hassan has vast experience in patient centered services and reengineering hospital departments and services to become patient centered leading to a healing hospital.
Dr. Hassan serves as President and Chief Executive Officer of Bellevue University Medical Center in Lebanon. Prior to this, she held numerous positions including Chief Executive Officer of International Modern Hospital in Dubai, consultant for quality and accreditation, and hospital administrator of the department of health and medical services at Al Wasl Hospital, Dubai, UAE, where she was responsible for the administrative aspects, operations and the overall daily affairs including internal and external relations.
Dr. Hassan served as assistant hospital director of planning and development at Al Wasl Hospital, where she was responsible for developing short and long term plans for the hospital including expansion projects and introduction of new services, reengineering hospital departments and services, controlling the hospital budget, and implementing the new hospital information system (HIS) including patient administration, order entry, human resource, material management, laboratory, radiology and pharmacy systems.
Dr. Hassan also held the position of consultant of quality and international accreditation at Al Wasl Hospital where she established a total quality management program. Some of the responsibilities within the program included creating a quality structure of committees and developing their terms of reference, introducing quality systems, developing plans, policies and procedures and education, and training staff on quality and organizational development issues.
Dr. Hassan has developed programs, such as a risk management program, fire and safety program, emergency preparedness program, and centers of excellence related to healing hospitals. She is fluent in Arabic and English.
She received the "2006 Contribution to the Profession Award" from Walden University, USA. In 2007, she published a book in the UK titled Measuring Performance in Health Care. She has published in international scientific journals and presented papers at many international conferences. She also prepared curricula for bachelor and master degree programs in health management and quality for universities in Dubai and chaired the Health Sciences Advisory Committee of the Higher Colleges of Technology for more than three years.
- President and CEO, Bellevue University Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
- CEO International Modern Hospital, Dubai, UAE
- Consultant Quality and International accreditation, Al Wasl Hospital, Dubai, UAE
- Assistant Hospital Director of Planning and Development, Al Wasl Hospital, Dubai, UAE
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- International Hospital Federation
- Doctorate in Philosophy in Health Services Administration from Walden University, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Master of Public Health in Health Service Administration from the American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health from the American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon