MD, MBA, FACE
- Over 15 years of experience in health care
- Expertise in strategic planning, leadership development, and operations/process improvement in hospitals, quality management, team creation, and physician/administration relationships
- Fluent in Turkish
Dr. Safak Guven is a physician executive with board certification in endocrinology with specific focus on obesity, metabolic syndrome and diabetes. He has been recognized for outcome driven clinical program and system development in hospitals/outpatient clinics and has international management leadership experience in developing strategic alliances between for-profit firms, and non-profit organizations.
Dr. Guven established and implemented an endocrine clinic at Thedacare, Wisconsin as part of a strategic alliance initiative with the Medical College of Wisconsin and served as a diabetes council expertise member for Touchpoint HMO-Insurance Company. Dr. Guven also established a Diabetes Care Center at the University of Cairo, Egypt.
Dr. Guven is the co-author of national guideline; "American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, the Obesity Society, and American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery Medical Guideline for Clinical Practice for the perioperative nutritional, metabolic, and nonsurgical support of the bariatric surgery patient." Dr. Guven has provided international consulting services and educational programs in the Middle East, Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
- Associate Professor of Endocrinology, Turkey
- Assistant Professor of Endocrinology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
- Clinical Director of the Metabolic Syndrome/Medical Obesity Clinic, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
- Assistant Professor, Touro University
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- American Diabetes Association, Board Member
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, Board Member
- Board certified in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism in the USA
- Fellow of the American College of Endocrinology (FACE)
- Turkish American Doctors Association, Founder President
- Turkey American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, served as Associate Editor for 5 years
- Doctor of Medicine, Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
- Master of Business Administration, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, IL, USA