MD, MS (HQPS)
- Over 20 years of global experience in community/academic health care and health care leadership
- Experience and training in quality improvement/performance improvement/patient safety
- Expertise in medical informatics
- Expertise in clinical inpatient hospital management in three different countries
Dr. Kanan Gutgutia holds an academic appointment in Internal Medicine at the Feinberg School of Medicine/Northwestern University, Illinois and served as Assistant Clinical Professor Internal Medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI.
Dr. Gutgutia has served as a Director and Partner at Professional Internal Medicine Services in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, instrumental in establishing and evolving Hospitalist programs in various hospitals of different sizes and needs in Milwaukee, WI. She was Director of the Hospitalist Program at Community Memorial Hospital in Menomonee Falls, WI and helped develop documentation templates and order sets within EMR to comply with quality measures, billing and coding.
Additionally, Dr. Gutgutia has served in numerous medical staff committees including Pharmacy and Therapeutics committee, Quality Improvement committee, Medical Executive Committee, Critical Care committee, Physician Advisory Committee, Stroke Committee, Collaborative Practice Committee, and Resource Utilization Committee.
Dr. Gutgutia has consulting experience in medical informatics in helping hospitals develop electronic medical record order sets and documentation templates that support evidence-based approaches to patient care to reduce practice variance among physicians. She has been part of the Go- Live during planning and deployment of EMR’s.
Dr. Gutgutia has volunteered as a physician at Hillside Medical Clinic in Belize. Hence, her academic/operational interests have centered upon global health, quality and patient safety as well as medical informatics.
- Trained in medical school and worked in Government Hospitals in India
- Director/Partner in Professional Internal Medicine Services at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare Hospitals in Milwaukee, WI, USA
- Assistant Professor at Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
- Director Hospitalist Program at Community Memorial Hospital in Menomonee Falls, WI, USA
- Staff Physician at St. Joseph Healthcare Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Academic appointment Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
- Volunteer work at small outpatient clinic in Belize
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Certified by American Board of Internal Medicine
- Specialist in Hospital Medicine
- Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Holds licensure to practice Medicine in India, province of Ontario, Canada and states of Illinois and Indiana, USA
- Medical School, Government Medical College, Patiala, Punjab, India
- Residency, Crozer Chester Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- Master of Science, Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA