- Over 25 years of health care industry experience
- Specialized experience in construction, facilities management, plant operations, emergency management, and environmental health and safety
Mr. Michael Chihoski is an engineering consultant with Joint Commission Resources and Joint Commission International. He provides expert consulting services to all areas of the physical environment including Life Safety, Environment of Care, Emergency Management, and Safe Health Design. Throughout his career, Mr. Chihoski has been involved in more than 1,500 projects for more than 400 hospitals worldwide.
Mr. Chihoski currently serves as the President and CEO of Gulf Development International, a global leader in real estate development. Previously, Mr. Chihoski served as Chief Operating Officer for Emaar, The Economic City, where he was responsible for the development of King Abdullah Economic City (KAEC) in Saudi Arabia. King Abdullah Economic City (KAEC) is the largest private development in the world with an estimated value in excess of $100 billion.
Mr. Chihoski formerly served as the Senior Vice President, for OSF Healthcare System in Peoria, Illinois. Mr. Chihoski was responsible for corporate management of real estate, property management, design and construction, plant operations, clinical engineering, security, and environmental health and safety. Mr. Chihoski was responsible for the oversight of a real estate portfolio consisting of more than 200 properties valued in excess of $1.5 billion, over 60,000 pieces of medical equipment, valued in excess of $600 million, and a capital construction program in excess of $1 billion.
Throughout his career, Mr. Chihoski has received numerous awards and recognition for his leadership in facilities management and construction. He is a frequent speaker at regional, national, and international professional organizations and conferences. In 2009, Mr. Chihoski was selected to represent the United States at an international planning workshop in Tunisia, Africa sponsored by the World Health Organization on Safe Hospital Design and Emergency Management.
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Operating Officer, Emaar, The Economic City, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Senior Vice President, Corporate Engineering Division, OSF Healthcare System in Peoria, IL, USA
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP)
- Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM)
- Senior of the American Society of Healthcare Engineering (SASHE)
- Advanced Management Development Program in Real Estate, Harvard University, Graduate School of Design, Cambridge, MA, USA
- Master of Science in Industrial Management, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL, USA