R. Michael Boyer
Dr. R. Michael Boyer held academic appointments as an Associate Professor of Anesthesiology at the Feinberg School of Medicine/Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, and as an Assistant Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology at the College of Osteopathic Medicine/Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan.
Dr. Boyer clinically/administratively served as the Medical Director of Northwestern Medicine/Olson Ambulatory Surgical Center and additionally as a Medical Director/Clinical Information Services, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois. Additionally, he served in other physician leadership roles, including anesthesiology residency program director, president of his medical practice, and staff president of Beaumont Hospital/Farmington Hills, Farmington Hills, Michigan.
Dr. Boyer’s academic/leadership/operational interests have centered upon quality, medical informatics, patient safety, accreditation and administrative medicine relating to; creating/supporting evidence-based approaches to patient care and developing process/protocols to reduce practice variance.
Dr. Boyer has over 35 years of experience in health care with an increasing leadership focus in institutional clinical operations, patient safety, quality/process improvement and medical informatics. In addition, he has recognized expertise in electronic medical record build, deployment and support.
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA
- Staff President, Botsford Hospital, Farmington Hills, MI, USA
- Associate Professor of Anesthesiology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
- Medical Director, Olson Ambulatory Surgery Center, Northwestern Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
- Medical Director, Clinical Information Services, Northwestern Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Midwestern University, Downers Grove, IL, USA
- Master of Science in Administrative Medicine and Population Health, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA