Dr. Xavier Anton is a Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physician for over 20 years, a physician executive for over 20 years and more than 40 years of experience in healthcare. He has worked extensively in quality of care, patient safety, medical staff alignment, accreditation, and revenue amelioration. He has a solid background in healthcare informatics with its applications to metrics and patient flow enhancement.
Dr. Anton was managing partner and CEO of Emergency Room Medical Associates (ERMA) and Marshall and Anton (MA) Emergency, both emergency medicine services companies provide contractual management and manpower to emergency departments and urgent care centers in the Miami - Metro Dade Area. He served as departmental chair; participating and chairing in a wide range of hospital leadership committees. He developed and provided software for the companies which included EHR, tracking, operational and quality improvement modules. This was meaningful use certified for the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). He was a medical manager for FL TS2, a Miami FEMA disaster response team. During this time, he developed a successful yearly course in Continuous Quality Improvement and Management geared to healthcare executives from Latin America and Spain.
He started working in Abu Dhabi in 2013. He served within the public health system (SEHA) He was Abu Dhabi’s Public Health Emergency Medicine Service Line Chair. Additionally, he was emergency department Chief of Service at the Johns Hopkins-managed Al Rahba Hospital. He was instrumental in developing a STEMI and Trauma network, a system-wide POC ultrasound program, successful insurance claim management strategies, and numerous performance improvement projects.
In 2016, he became a physician consultant with Joint Commission International.
In 2017, he joined as Group CMO at VPS Healthcare, the largest gulf community private consortium based in Abu Dhabi. In that role, he has contributed in strategic objectives in IT, hospital commissioning, economic performance, and integration for service lines and practices of over 22 hospitals across 3 countries.
Dr. Anton has been deeply involved in charity projects in Haiti with field work and a foundation he created in 2000.
- Group CMO, VPS Health, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- SEHA Abu Dhabi Public Health, Chair Emergency Medicine Service Line
- Managing Partner / CEO, Emergency Room and Urgent Care Medical Associates, Miami, FL
- Mercy Hospital Miami, Emergency Department Chief, Senior Attending Physician
- Metropolitan Hospital Miami, Emergency Department Chief, Senior Attending Physician
- Al Rahba Hospital, Emergency Department, Abu Dhabi UAE, ED Chief Of Service, Consultant Physician
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- American Board Emergency Medicine, Diplomate
- American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review, Diplomate
- ACLS PALS ATLS BLS Certified
- Internal Medicine, Oncology, and Hyperbaric Medicine – Board Eligible
- Col.legi de Metges de Catalunya, Illes Balears
- Emirates Society of Emergency Medicine
- Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians (FACEP)
- Florida International University 100 Council
- HealthCare Risk Manager, Florida (LHCRM)
- Medical School, University of Barcelona Medical School, Barcelona, Spain
- Internal Medicine and Fellowship in Hematology, Oncology and Molecular Biology of Cancer, Charity Hospital in New Orleans, LA, USA
- Armstrong institute for Patient Safety and Quality, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
- Emergency Medicine, Jackson Memorial, Ryder Trauma Center, Miami, FL, USA