MHA, SQIL, FISQua
Ms. Shwetha Akshaya is a Quality and Patient Safety Professional with experience in quality improvement methodologies, patient safety culture strategies, risk management, and accreditation. She has been instrumental in conducting “Best Care Always Campaign” through Institute of Healthcare Improvement to achieve best and safe care.
Ms. Akshaya has extensive experience in the accreditation process and is well versed in obtaining trust and buy-in at all levels. She is also known to actively work with all levels of staff actively involved in the change management and accreditation process.
Ms. Akshaya has experience in Hospital Commissioning process in Building Safe Health Care Design.
Ms. Akshaya has implemented corporate and system level quality improvement projects, such as engaging physicians in a quality improvement program called Clinical Care Improvement Training Program (CCITP) for Hamad Medical Corporation through Dartmouth Clinical Microsystem. She is a Dartmouth Clinical Microsystem Coach, Level – 1.
- Director Quality and Patient Safety, Al Jalila Children’s Hospital
- Acting Assistant Executive Director for Quality and Patient Safety, Hamad Medical Corporation, Qatar
- Head of Quality Management Department, King Abdul Aziz University Hospital, Riyadh
- Administrator Quality and Patient Safety, Apollo Hospital, Bangalore
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Fellow of the International Society of Quality (FISQua)
- Institute of Healthcare Improvement
- National Agency for Healthcare Quality
- Safety Quality Informatics and Leadership (SQIL) From Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
- PhD Candidate, Utilization of Health Care Services, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
- Masters in Hospital Administration (MHA) from FMMC, India
- Bachelor in Preventive Medicine (BNYS), India
- IHI Open School Course, 20 Courses