May A. Al-Khunaizi
MD, MBBS, FABP
- Over ten years of leadership and management experience in health care
- Expertise in hospital, ambulatory care and performance improvement consulting
- Certified Malcolm Baldrige Quality Award Examiner
Dr. May Al-Khunaizi has more than ten years of leadership and management experience in operations with increasing senior leadership responsibilities. She has extensive senior management experience in all aspects of hospital improvement processes including setting strategic direction, monitoring organizational performance against goals, enhancing the internal organizational process and infrastructure, operational excellence initiatives and extensive experience with international accreditation standards and processes, risk management and performance management for health care organizations.
Dr. Al-Khunaizi served in various senior management positions in health care systems. These positions included Chief Operating Officer, Director of Training and Development and Deputy Chief Medical Officer, and finally as the executive director of a large tertiary care hospital in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia.
Under her leadership as Executive Director, the hospital was re-accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) Accreditation, Accreditation Canada, and the Australian Council. Her vast managerial experience enables her to obtain a broad perspective and understanding of the current needs of health care organizations with accreditation systems and quality improvement technical assistance and training. As a JCI consultant, she has conducted consultations and educational programs in the Middle East and Asia.
- Executive Director, SAAD Specialist Hospital
- Dean of SAAD college of nursing and allied health
- Certified Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Examiner
- Chief Operating Officer, SAAD Specialist Hospital
- Director of training and development, SAAD Specialist Hospital
- Regional Director - Neonatal resuscitation program
- U.S. board certified neonatologist and pediatrician
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Fellow of the American Board of Pediatrics (FABP)
- Saudi Neonatal Association
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellowship, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
- Clinical Molecular Genetics Training, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
- Certificate in Health Care Administration, Jones International University, Centennial, CO, USA
- Pediatric resident, Department of Pediatrics, New England Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
- Pediatric intern, Department of Pediatrics, New England Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) with Honors, King Faisal University College of Medicine and Medical Sciences, Dammam, KSA