- A highly accomplished, Harvard educated Senior Physician Executive with 25+ years of global experience that reflects achievements across public and for-profit health systems.
Dr. Mohaymen Abdelghany is an anesthesiologist by background; graduated from Harvard and INSEAD executive leadership programs and holds two masters in anesthesia and healthcare management after finishing his medical degree. He brings vast leadership experience to Joint Commission International, lending well to the consultative environment. Dr. Abdelghany is also Six Sigma trained and may help organizations with process improvement activities. As a Senior Physician and Healthcare Executive, his global experience reflects achievements across public and for-profit health systems. He serves on several healthcare and advisory boards and actively participates as a speaker/panelist in major international and regional healthcare conferences, symposia, and meetings.
Dr. Abdelghany has diverse expertise within clinical, managerial, consulting, healthcare quality, technology and business. An outstanding healthcare leader of cross-functional expert teams throughout healthcare ecosystems in Egypt, KSA, UAE, India and USA with proven success in designing, establishing, and running existing and new health systems. He successfully led different business transitions in health care through startups, turnarounds, realignments, and sustaining success.
Dr. Abdelghany was selected by Dubai Health Authority and Health Magazine as the UAE’s Distinguished Chief Executive in Healthcare for 2018.
- Chief Executive Officer, Al Zahra Hospital, Dubai, UAE
- Vice President of Healthcare and Executive Director of Healthcare Advisory Board, KEF Holdings, Dubai, UAE
- Chief Executive Officer, Saudi German Hospital, Dubai, UAE
- Chief Executive Officer, Al Saudi German Hospital, Abha, KSA
- Group Quality & Patient Safety Director, Saudi German Hospital, Dubai, UAE
- Medical Director, Chief of Medical Operation, Saudi German Hospital Riyadh, KSA
- Chief Executive Officer, Al Sharq Healthcare Group LLC, Fujairah, UAE
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Alexandria Society of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care
- American College of Healthcare Executive, MENA Chapter
- American University in Cairo Alumni Association
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
- Dubai Medical Tourism Club, Founding Member
- Dubai Private Hospital Association, Board Member
- Egyptian Medical Syndicate
- Emirates Hospital Association, Board Member
- Fellowship of the American Institute of Healthcare Quality
- Green Belt Six Sigma Certification
- INSEAD Blue Ocean Strategy Alumni, United Arab Emirates and France
- INSEAD Middle East Health Leaders Forum, United Arab Emirates and France
- National Association of Healthcare Quality
- Riyadh Healthcare Quality Club, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Founding Member
- US Healthcare Quality Certification Board
- Senior Executives Leadership Program, Harvard Business School Executive Education, Boston, MA, USA
- Managing Healthcare Delivery, Harvard Business School Executive Education, Boston, MA, USA
- Master’s in Healthcare Management, Institute of Leadership & Healthcare Management, Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland, Medical University of Bahrain
- Total Quality Management in Healthcare Administration, American University in Cairo, Egypt
- Master’s Degree in Anesthesia and Critical Care, Alexandria University, Egypt
- Bachelor of Medicine, Alexandria University, Egypt