Tips for your organization
Latest Joint Commission Research Highlights Quality of Medication Safety Issues
Research indicates your organization can significantly lower adverse drug events by using three strategies:
• Identifying high-risk processes
• Identifying errors before they reach the patient
• Developing systems that quickly mitigate the effect of any harm to a patient.
Medication management is a complex process. You need resources targeted at organization leaders, doctors, nurses and pharmacists as well as patients. And you need strategies that are proven, practical and measurable to help you develop the best approach to medication management. Whatever stage you've reached in your organization's process improvement, JCI offers the authoritative and affordable resources you need to ensure the success of your initiative.
From Our Practice Leader
This month's Medication Safety article
Enhanced Medication Safety.
Improving communication and instituting double-checking protocols can catch a host of medication errors.
Learn more about Medication Safety:
• Learn about JCI Medication Management Advisory services
• Read about Dr. Jeannell Mansur